Friday, December 26, 2014

Status - Feeling Much Better

It is now (about) three weeks after my Colon Resection Surgery, I am now pain-free and have NOT taken Pain Med's for several days.  I am still a little weak, but have climbed the 32 steps to my Loft Apartment several times, with only short rests after each assent. I have stayed a few days at my Loft, but mostly I stay at my Son's house without stairs.

I am hoping that my strength and endurance returns. The Doctors said: for six week after the surgery that I can NOT lift anything more than about 5 pounds , but he also said: "after six weeks you can lift 2000 pounds, if you want"!  -  That is good news, but I think I may not WANT!

I have appointments for surgery review, evaluation and maybe some more tests, they are scheduled after the first of the year.

Some good news, I have lost about 35 lbs during this ordeal - I hope I can keep the weight off, although I do not recommend this as a weight reduction method.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment