Sunday, December 14, 2014

Current Status

My Colon Resection Surgery was on Dec 5, all went as expected from the Doctors perspective.  From my perspective and while still in the hospital; I had a few rough days with lots of pain, and a few good days without much pain.

On Thursday Dec 11, I was released to go home to Chip's (my son) house for reset and recuperation. So far at Chip's home, I have had a few good days and a few painful days.

The following is a little graphic, so stop here if necessary.


Late on  Dec 12, I made a trip to back to the emergency room with lots of pain, followed with little pain and some rest. The initial instruction suggested to take Pain Med's as necessary, foolishly I stopped take Pain Med's when feeling better, and then paid the price.

Late on Saturday Dec 14, more pain and retching from both ends. But I think retching has "reset" my system with empty bowels with very little bloating.

Currently I have been taking Pain Med's on time (via the clock), Late last evening I slept for about 12 good hours (while taking Med's each 4 hours).

Sunday Dec 14, pain has now calmed down to just a slight dull pain that appears to be manageable (fingers crossed). Today I have had two very small meals; early some oat meal and later 1/3 banana.


--

1 comment:

  1. Eldon,
    I just found out about what you are going through via John, NG0R. I was happy to see your latest post that you are doing better. I was expecting to see you at Jack's tomorrow evening so it was completely unexpected. I hope to see you back soon at the pQRP meetings and Jack's. Take care of yourself my friend!
    Bob, AD7BP

    ReplyDelete