Sunday, November 23, 2014

An Update

Sorry, I promised details and updates of this adventure, but my heart has just NOT in it.

The CT scans confirmed the size and location of the Colon Cancer, it is located in the upper left corner of my colon, which is just under the edge of my ribs. The surgeon will remove about 1/5 of my colon and then sew the two cut end together. The surgery will be both Laparoscopic (two holes on each of my sides) and open abdomen (the removed cancer and sectioned colon must be remove through the larger center line incision).

Surgery will be Nov 25, but not sure what time, I am to report to the Hospital around 8AM. Last minute scheduling could dictate the actual surgery time.

If all goes well, the Dr said I will probably be able to eat a BIG Thanks Giving Diner on the 27th; Turkey Dark and/or White meat, Dressing, Potatoes, and Pie, . . . as long as it is all made of molded Jello, and it can be any colour/flavour I would like :-)

Monday AM my prep begins, I will be drinking about 1 gallon of  "Polyethylene Glycol" which is a chemical that I have used while tin plating circuits boards. Who would have thought I would be drinking a gallon of the stuff.

I will be in the Hospital about 5 days, and then to my Son house for a few days for rest and recuperation.

If all goes well, I promise I will post more after recovery, and this is a promise I WANT to keep.


--

No comments:

Post a Comment